Thursday, July 15, 2010

I don't GET it! Do you?

Ever had some things happen and you’re left wondering if you are the only one who dosnt get it as people carry on as if all is well? Well here is my list of some things I just don’t get:

1. (First only because it happened yesterday and this morning)

Why would you go through the trauma of waking up early and leaving the house during traffic rush hour only to drive at 5km/h on the road? Why the freaking hell do yu not eave a bit later and drive at 2km/h for all I care! Hell stop in the middle of the road f yu wish – just don’t do it during morning rush cause well some of us do have places we need to be and on time!

2. Am I the only who doesn’t get why stranger men have to hoot at you?

For whatever reason – there is no good enough reason to me besides life and death situations. But the people who hoot to greet you when they don’t know you – what out come are you hoping will be? That I will smile and wave back at you while I start picking our wedding theme colour and how many kids we will have! Fact is: if you can’t approach me and greet me properly – then please don’t hoot at me thinking it will have the same effect!

3. Why is it that people feel the right to enforce their point of view on you?

I get the human tendency to want to be seen as always right and ever so wise (happens to me too) but why the freaking hell would you think its ok to force people to see things in your opinion or else…? Were we not all made with functioning brains that are able to deduce and ponder and come to an out come that makes the best sense to ourselves (usually based on our unique experiences)? But no – you feel the need to be holier then thou and think it’s either your way or the wrong way. Did you ever think that maybe YOUR way is the WRONG way????

4. Why is it that some really pretty girls are the meanest?

Don’t you get it – the fact that you are pretty does not automatically make people wanna be around you all the time. Just like the rest of us, you still need to work at a likable personality and still have to get people to like you not just for the pretty (this is for those times when life throws a truck of cement on you and you actually survive) – pretty seekers may not necessarily stick around esp. if what’s left, is the cow in you !

5. (closely related to the last one) why is it that you get the shock of your life and see the injustice in people wanting you to perform what you get paid for?

Those who know what I do for a living will know what I mean. Ever noticed how humans sometimes do the most ridiculous of things – like wonder why they are being given a hard time for not doing their part! *sarcastic voice* ah could it be maybe because that’s why you are here to begin with – to do your job *wide eyes – blink-blink* would it not make better sense to stay at home if you don’t want to work? It would certainly be warmer there in winter!

6. (ok ok this one is very controversial) why is it that as woman we feel the need to compete with one another???

Really! Have you not seen it? You get those females that have made it a mission to look better, do better and to be at better… is it not exhausting? Always on the look out of someone who may out shine you? Honestly – does it matter that I got it on the street while you got it designer? Does it matter that you are louder and can dance better and you so have to show it to me and everyone there! See what usually happens is that you come out looking like desperate which ummm I don’t think was your point to begin with. Do you have to brake your back with them walk to try and stand out! *air head voice* OMG like try unique – it’s the new black! Lol (oh you know I be loving you all – warts, walks, nasty make up and all – you know who you are!) lol

7. (another controversial one) how and why does it seem to be you business that I have broken up with my boyfriend/ had a public fight with my husband/that it doesn’t bother me that I'm 32 and still single/am having lunch with Mr. Man/that I got the R600 handbag? How does that inturn become news you just have to tell someone about?

Close buddies will know what I mean. How does it become a matter of discussion and pleasure that my affairs are going sour esp. if your intention is not to help? I could never really full get this – the satisfaction that people get from this! Could it be that maybe cause your world is too dull and boring that you have to feed off my drama? That is not exactly something to be satisfied over *raised eyebrow* it should actually worry you enough to concentrate on your own thing! And what if I do splash out my cash? It aint yours – so why is it tickling your butt! So what that I have an expensive taste (this is for you girl – I ask this on behalf of you!)? if I maintain it my way why does it amaze you? Are there not enough things for you to be amazed at like why suicide bombers exist instead of the price of my shoes? Ahh com’on

8. (specking of that) what the hell is fascination with being a suicide bomber?

If you feel that you are too tiered of life and you wanna end it with a big bang – why would you wanna do it in crowded places? When you decided to commit suicide, it was a decision you made right – so why the heck would you wanna include people who haven’t made/will never make/are not insane enough to make that decision? If you wanna bomb yourself to pieces – do it on some mountain – away from people, grass, birds, other animals and trees. Well on the mountain, we know that rocks can handle it! Does that not make better sense? *looking around for an Amen!*

9. Why is it that the designer cloths are always the weirdest looking ones?

I kid you not. It would make the best sense that if I am going to over price a pair of jeans because of the INVISIBLE tag that they have, then I would make them look good. But because some of us (meaning all of you) are so much into public appearance, we settle to wearing nasty cloths and when some one questions our choice, our defence is: “well is [insert weird-well-known label name]” lol (weirdest thing!)



Before I too get blamed for not doing my job, I will stop here for now BUT mark my words, Part 2 of this post will come in future because there are more things I don’t get.

So what do you have on your list? Wanna share?

0 of YOUR thoughts:

Post a Comment