Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Big girl Panties...

You should know by now that I have this deep passion for well written writings (articles, proverbs, news etc…) and once in a while I stumble upon these and cant help but to share and discuss.

Cosmopolitan magazine has this daily 5 which they use to dish out some well meaning advise on EVERYTHING (one of the million reasons why I am addicted to the publication). This is one that they had a few days ago named “BIG GIRL PANTIES”

Read on and see what I mean: (and of cause I add my 2c worth)

1. Your body, your integrity, your independence – all these are yours and nobody else’s.

You have worked so hard to get to this place and yet you allow someone so easy to come take that all away all willy nilly… nope! Makes no sense to me. I am finally at a place where I am madly in love with this body (and with reason too cause tis is all I have and forever is too long to spend trying to look like someone else). I may be a little chubby and a little mis-proportioned but I fully realise that it is those exact things that make me… ME! I'm independent and I'm clever. I'm honest and worthy. I AM WOMEN

2. Think before you shout. Think before you send a vicious e-mail. Think before you hang up the phone or slam a door on someone. That split-second of consideration could spare you years of regret.

Not so easily done at times esp. for someone like me who is known for holding a hott head at the worst of times (fully attributed to my lack of patients and understanding for rubbish).

What do you say? Can you? Will you?

3. Ish happens. Deal with it smartly. Unburden (within reason) to friends, eat sensibly, exercise and sleep enough. If you still can’t cope, see a pro.
4. Nothing is meant to be. It just is. Sometimes you can influence the way things turn out and sometimes you can’t.
AMEN!

5. People don’t think about you as often as you think they do, so stop obsessing
(LOL love this one!)

0 of YOUR thoughts:

Post a Comment