Thursday, June 23, 2011

Love is like a motorcycle ride

This is my true and honest confession: I am a self proclaimed ROMANTIC junkie who has gone as far as deciding how she would like the order of things to go so as to merit as ALLOWABLE and ACCEPTED.
And then the problem sets in:
We live in the year 2011 where regardless of how well thought out things may be, they never really do end up happening like that and if they do – exactly point for point as set out – then you may find yourself with even bigger problems.
I am a passionate mental doodler and in my mind, things should happen in this manner:
·         We would meet
·         I would eventually agree to drinks/lunch/supper
·         I would conclude that he is ok and agree to a second date
·         4 successful dates later and we would do the exclusive thing
·         2-3 successful years later and we would do the marriage thing
{Tune in a great sound track and all is well with the world}
And here I am…. Struggling to keep up with my own mental notes.
Feels a lot like riding a motorcycle for the first time (not that I have but I imagine it would be something like this): As great as the ride is going, I am stuck on making sure that my helmet is on securely and ensuring that my knee pads don’t slip of.  I have a check list that I'm trying to tick off as we pass mile stone after mile stone. On top of all of that, is the worry of where the bike is headed. The ironical part of it all is – regardless of all my inhibitions… this bike moves and it doesn’t do easy and slow. It roars to life and promises a thrill rush – helmet or not.
If there are some things that I'm learning during the bike ride, one of them would be: that the best bike rides have no planned routes. They don’t do list-tick-offs or being subjected to controlled doses. This is LOVE and it does not do rules. It over whelms and excites. It takes over you like a high tide wave and evokes a rush of weird, amazing, great and breath taking emotions all at once. Coupled with attraction it promises an even wilder experience that does not wait for you to give permission – it takes over and while it can leave you unravelled, it does promise you a thrill rush – list or not.
So being long overdue at this stage: here is a new mental doodle in tune with the times:
·         We would meet
·         Hang on tight and let whatever completely take over…
So while I sit safely behind the driver of this bike, I let my helmet fall off and let the air through my hair. The thought at that very moment (besides how great it feels to be close to him) is: I know I will love where this bike is going to stop

0 of YOUR thoughts:

Post a Comment