Thursday, July 1, 2010

Girl-On-Top has been found!

Was watching a show last night about a designer girl who’s week went from great to drab in a matter of days. Her FIRST collection was stolen in a huge mix-up with her best friend, the ex that DUMPED her like yesterdays rubbish and moved away popped back into the picture, she has a HUGE fall out with her new beau, her OTHER best friend finds out that she is the other woman in her new, exciting relationship and on TOP of all that – she still needs to design a new collection in 7 days since hers was stolen…
What got to me was the fact that amongst all that and through many tears-full nights, she pulls it off - manages to help her buddy fight her battles with the new romance, ditch the ex who took their past


- i am super woman -
(the white skin colour is part
         of the costume)

relationship as a little fling (while for her it was earth shattering) and still wowed the crowds with her newly made range… then on the night when all that seemed to be behind her and things started looking up – her boyfriend brakes up with her.

SCENE: she stands outside listening to this guy give her the good-bye speech, climbs ino a texi and leaves. With a feeling of knots in her tummy, she walks into a room full of people, puts a smile on her face and just for that moment holds it together for the sake of other people…

Would you be able to do that? Hold it together while your world seems to be crashing around you? I ask because in simply the first 6-months of a year that was said to be the greatest ever, I have had 75% of my deepest fears come true and yet here I still stand. Sure at times it feels like the world just wont stop caving, yet strangely enough, it never manages to fully swallow me – regardless of how close to the edge I am…

I am a 20 something year old black female with a drive to make it regardless of the hills and mountains I gotta trample and trip over to get there. I am loud and I love hard. I have passions that grow everyday and I have no patients for under achievers. I get that no one else can do it for me while I sit in a bunch somewhere hance my every-where-all-over routine. I cry and I shout, I sing and I dance…


There are factors out there who have made it a passion of theirs to bring me down and that’s ok – I suppose they too have the right to fulfil their dreams. Yet note that it being ok does not mean they will get their way. I am super woman and I can take on the odds – sometimes with the help of huge doses of chocolate cake and wine but bottom line… I will do it!


I AM GIRL-ON-TOP!

0 of YOUR thoughts:

Post a Comment