Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Do you not get it...


If you knew me you would know that I need you...


There was a time when I walked around with a chuffed smile knowing that I had you as my support. To me, giving that kinda support back to you was a no questions asked kind of thing and when the opportunity presented itself, I gave it my all and your response tells me I did well...

But now, I need you and you have let me down.

You have made me feel stupid for thinking that I could rely on you and you have pushed me aside like yesterday’s rubbish. Hurts!

Gets me thinking though – I think as humans, one of our coping mechanisms is knowing that we have at least one person out there who cares about us. I think as people we all want to know that we do not just exist but we are needed and wanted and appreciated. We want to know that to someone – just one person at least, we make their world that much better.

Yet why then is it so difficult to appreciate such people in our worlds? Or even to realise when they need the same thing from us?

I have always imagined that it is imperative to have the people that know you most around you at most times. I would like to think that my best girl friend knows how crazy I am about that new track and will pump up the volume when it comes on. I would like to think that my guy understands my love affair with chocolate cake and is loving enough to get it for me and watch me enjoy it (while I fall in love with him that much more). I would like to think that that girl I sit opposite at work is interested in me more than simply to cover her when she is out for too long during lunch but actually takes time to ask about my mom and my siblings...

Whatever happened to appreciating people around you and doing your little bit to make their world so much better? What happened to keeping loyal to your close confidants and having their back regardless of whether they have broken a nail or have just lost their father to cancer?

When are you going to realise that its not the big things that matter to me or even that at times – I don't want to have to tell you that I need you but want to trust you to know me enough to see this and be there – no questions asked...

Yet you still don't realise that I need you!

2 of YOUR thoughts:

Unknown said...

wow gf thats deep..well i gues we all want that and what i realised lately is that i needed my second mom's approval more than anything else..not so long ago things didnt go well and i thought u know what i'm done waiting for her to say welldone i am done wait for her to say i approve i'm just done..but we sat down we had a heart to heart and everything now is ok..i gues what i'm saying is that i feel u and i was there at one point feeling that i went all out for them and no one did it for man i was wrong my second mother went all out for me make sure that i have eaten making sure that i was ok and she said to me that what i dont realise is when i'm hurt she feels the pain twice as much...she didnt do anything big the fact that she was there made my world much more brighter and the pain was bearable...and girl your right we only need the little things in life that sms just say i'm thinking about u..i love this article very much two thumbs up and two big toes lol

Randzo said...

Phindi: thanks girl. im glad you approve (i have my approval right there *smile*) now if onl the person who it was written for would GET IT already. i have unfortunatly decided to write them off for now because it has gotten to that place where it hurts too much to STILL expect that they will do right the next time... so in the spirit of the (nearly) 23 year old... its bye to them for now. too bruised to hold on under these circumstances.

Post a Comment