Wednesday, April 14, 2010

what is your happy factor?


the idea to start this blog was made with the pure aim of sharing my expiriances and the lessons that come from them. 3 days ago, i sat to write a post of an issue that has plauged my world for a couple of days now yet all i manage to come up with while infront of my laptop is .... blank. where do i begin?


i have always had this idea that regardless of how hectic it goes in my personal life, there is no need to involve the world by walking around acting like the world has ended and letting everyone see my broken side. so, while i manage to leave the house every morning , to face the world, with a hot pair of high heels, made up hair and a touch of make up, it sure feels like im carring the world on my shoulders. see, in all the mags that we woman religiously read (with me being a proud slave of the cosmopolitan magazine), we are told of how what we wear has an influence on our mood. we get the encouragement to get those ubber expensive jimmy choo's and that designer handbag and the make up to help give you a netural look, yet come to think of it, does that not only enhance you problems when now, on top of every other issue, you also have major credit card debt?


i look around me and it seems like we all go throgh life in a sleepy state where we are forced to follow trends and pushed into the things that will make us happy but that dosnt work for all of us. for me, its not the car i drive, the cloths i were or even the surname i have behind my name (which has other people thinking that it means my life is made for me) but to me, what brings me joy - pure joy, is the company i keep. my friends, my family, my mother, my collegues and even my little sister (who shouldnt really know this at the moment for her head shall grow bigger) - these (and many otheres) are the people that put a smile on my face and make it all worth it. they are the ones who make the heels, the hair and even the make up to help me look natural all so worth it...


so...

be good to yourself and find your own happy factor.

signed
G-o-T

1 of YOUR thoughts:

Unknown said...

now dats a big girl's pill dat u have just taken,a lot of people turn to miss that mark in life they think having it all makes them happy forgetting that people who surround u make you who u are because as humans we turn to absorb the personality of people around us,look at me i am my mother's daughter...nice one GOT...

Post a Comment